For some companies, Acumatica ERP does MOST of what you need but not EVERYTHING. Whether you’re implementing Acumatica for the first time or you’ve been using the software for years but your company has grown and changed, you may find yourself looking for extended functionality that goes beyond the “out of the box” features. That’s where the Acumatica Marketplace comes in – a one-stop shop for integrated software add-ons that work hand-in-hand with Acumatica ERP. Let’s take a closer look at what you’ll find in the Acumatica Marketplace.
What Is the Acumatica Marketplace?
The Acumatica Marketplace is a platform where expert Acumatica Developers and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) can showcase their integrated add-on solutions that work with your Acumatica ERP system. The Marketplace features a huge catalog of options that provide enhanced capabilities to extend your core ERP system. Here are just a few examples of functional enhancements available in the Acumatica Marketplace:
- AP Automation
- EDI and Warehouse Automation (WMS)
- eCommerce Platforms
- Supply Chain Management
- Excel-based Analytics and Reporting
- Asset Management
- Advanced Budgeting and Planning
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Compliance
- Electronic Document Management
- Equipment Rental and Maintenance
- Much more …
The Purpose of Acumatica Marketplace
If you’ve been using ERP software for a while, you know that the standard procedure for tailoring your system to add functionality and fit your needs is to hire a developer to build custom applications. You also know that this process can be costly and time consuming. In addition, these unique customizations to your specific Acumatica system can impact your ability to update the software to newer versions, awaiting the developer to give you the green light or charge you to update the custom code. No one wants to deal with those hassles.
Companies can sidestep ERP customization costs and hassles by turning to off-the-shelf add-on solutions, like the ones offered in the Acumatica Marketplace.
Software Customization Without the Problems or Price Tag
Off-the-shelf solutions harness the full power of expert Acumatica developers creating tailored software, but they offer competitive pricing because they’re meant to be sold to multiple buyers.
In addition to cost savings, solutions in the Acumatica Marketplace also offer:
Top solutions in the Acumatica Marketplace are validated directly by the Acumatica team, have proven success in live client environments, and their developers have committed to meeting Acumatica’s planned roadmap. That means you can trust your Marketplace solution to work the way you expect it to and to keep current and compatible with the core ERP software updates.
Note: To narrow your search on the Marketplace for these types of validated solutions, read the section below on “Important Info to Know About the Acumatica Marketplace”
Solutions within the Marketplace classified as “Fulfilled by Acumatica” can interact with many different areas within your Acumatica ERP. By using a tool that seamlessly blends with your native Acumatica data, you can run Generic Inquiries that include your Marketplace add-on data, schedule Business Events (notifications) based on data within those add-ons, and complete other productivity-boosting tasks.
Fully Configurable Functionality
Acumatica Marketplace contains solutions built on the powerful Acumatica Cloud xRP platform, which is the cutting-edge base that underpins all of Acumatica’s fast, future-proof, and fully integrated capabilities. Because leading Acumatica Marketplace add-ons are built with the same tools and on the same platform that Acumatica uses, these solutions typically provide the same flexible configuration that you enjoy with your ERP.
How to Use the Acumatica Marketplace
It’s important to understand that not all the Marketplace solutions are created the same way– but Acumatica certification standards can help you select your solutions with confidence.
The “Certification” dropdown menu helps to narrow your search for add-on solutinos that fit the following categories:
- Always Current – solutions that will work no matter when you choose to upgrade your Acumatica ERP. This means you can auto-schedule your ERP updates and relax knowing that your Marketplace add-ons will work after your update too.
- Fulfilled by Acumatica – solutions with native integration with Acumatica, so you can use their data across various ERP areas/modules. These are trusted so much by Acumatica that they treat them as their own solutions.
- Customer Validated – solutions that have been actively used in a live environment and approved by the customer. A great seal of approval from fellow Acumatica users.
- Certified – solutions that have passed all Acumatica software tests, with developers who have expressly committed to future roadmap releases from Acumatica (note that not all solutions are certified).
Curious about the performance of a specific solution that doesn’t have a certification you’re looking for? You can get more information by connecting with real Acumatica customers in the extremely active Acumatica Community forums – an incredible resource!
With hundreds of off-the-shelf solutions tailored to a wide range of industries and solving diverse business needs, the Acumatica Marketplace is a great place to start your search if you’re ready to take Acumatica ERP from “out of the box” to “fits like a glove.” Get in touch with your Acumatica Partner with your additional questions about the Acumatica Marketplace or to help arrange a demo of an add-on solution.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is an Acumatica ISV?
ISV stands for Independent Software Vendor. An Acumatica ISV is a company skilled in software development and familiar with the Acumatica xRP Platform that builds add-on applications that integrate with the core Acumatica ERP product. The “I” in ISV indicates that the company is independent of Acumatica and thus their applications are often referred to as 3rd party add-ons or 3rd party integrations.
Learn more about becoming an Acumatica ISV
Does Acumatica Integrate with Salesforce?
Yes. Acumatica integration with Salesforce is available through the Acumatica Marketplace. One such 3rd party solution in the Marketplace advertises the following integration features:
- Automatically add contacts, accounts, and customers from Salesforce to Acumatica.
- New or updated items and pricing in Acumatica automatically push to Salesforce.
- Sync orders between Acumatica and Salesforce, regardless of which application the order originated in.
- Export financial information from Acumatica to Salesforce.
- Update and sync item fulfillment and sales orders in real-time.
Does Acumatica Integrate with Shopify?
Yes. As of the Acumatica 2020 R2 release, the powerful Acumatica Commerce Edition now supports out-of-the-box integration with Shopify. The seamless integration between the two systems synchronizes products, customers, inventory availability, sales orders and fulfillment data in real-time.
Learn more about Acumatica Shopify Integration features and capabilities.