The Acumatica Report Designer empowers you with tools to modify existing built-in reports or create new customized reports to suit your specific needs. You can add data fields, change the layout, modify the appearance of reports, and so much more. But before you can do any of that, you need to download and install Acumatica Report Designer.
Here’s how it’s done.
Downloading Report Designer
Before getting started, it’s worth noting that while Acumatica ERP is entirely web-based, the Acumatica Report Designer is a Windows-based application that you install locally.
With that in mind, follow these steps to download the Report Designer:
1. Go online to http://builds.acumatica.com
2. Click the link that corresponds to the version of Acumatica ERP you’re currently running (note: the newest version as of this writing is Acumatica 2022 R1 which is represented as “22.1/” on the list. See screenshot below).
3. On the next screen, click the link representing your specific build within the version you chose in step 2.
4. Next, click the “Acumatica ERP” folder. 5. Last, click and download the “AcumaticaERPInstall.msi” installer package to your computer.
Note: the highlighting above is used only as an example. Make sure to choose the appropriate version and build that correspond to your current Acumatica installation.
Installing Acumatica Report Designer
Follow these steps to install the Report Designer:
1. Double click to run the installer file that you just downloaded to your computer.
2. Accept the terms of the end user license agreement.
3. Important: on the Main Software Configuration screen, be sure to check the “Install Report Designer” option to avoid installing the entire Acumatica ERP application along with it.
4. Choose a destination folder and finish the installation.
That’s it! You’re now ready to start creating your own customized reports in Acumatica ERP.
Other Helpful Tips
For in-depth guidance on using Acumatica Report Designer including defining report parameters, filtering data, grouping and sorting data, modifying layouts, and so much more, check out the Report Designer Training Course available on Acumatica Open University.
From any screen within Acumatica ERP, go to Tools > About to check your current version and build. If you want personalized help with your reports or learning how to use the Report Designer, be sure to get in touch with your local Acumatica Consultant.