Acumatica ERP 2023 Release 1 is now available. This new release is packed with features for finance, inventory and order management, manufacturing, project management, and much more. Here’s a look at what’s new in the Acumatica 2023 R1 release notes.
In This Article:
- Financial Managements Updates
- Inventory Improvements
- Manufacturing Updates
- Construction Enhancements
- New CRM Features
- Release Notes
October 2023 Update: Acumatica 2023 R2 now available.
Financial Management Updates
Here are a few of the noteworthy updates related to accounting and financial management in Acumatica 2023 R1:
Improvements in Inventory and Order Management
Inventory and Order Management in Acumatica 2023 R1 introduces improvements in Blanket Purchase Orders. More specifically, new columns for Blanket Purchase Orders has been added to the Purchase Orders form which display:
Qty. on Orders: displays the sum of quantities of an item in all lines of the related child orders.
Blanket Open Qty.: displays the quantity of the line of the blanket purchase order in the Order Qty. column minus the quantity in the Qty. on Orders column.
Acumatica ERP 2023 R1 also introduces nearly 20 new pre-defined user roles that provide access to the forms needed in the everyday work of employees related to the inventory and order management. You can now use these pre-defined user roles instead of creating and configuring new user roles from the ground up.
This latest release of Acumatica ERP also adds the ability to assign multiple totes to the same pick list on the Pick, Pack and Ship form. The system can also be configured to allow warehouse workers to add totes to the pick list on the fly during picking. In previous versions of Acumatica, numerous workarounds were required if the quantity of items did not fit in a single tote.
A planning manager using previous versions of Acumatica ERP Manufacturing Edition could only view the audit history for the most recent run of material requirements planning (MRP). But with the release of Acumatica 2023 R1, two new inquiry forms, MRP History and MRP Audit History, now allow you to view the history and details of previous MRP runs.
These enhanced MRP inquiry forms help the planning manager analyze the performance of MRP regeneration and identify if the process duration increased due to the number of records processed or if other factors caused perceived performance degradation, such as errors or setup issues.
Other manufacturing enhancements in the latest release include:
- New side panels have been added to multiple forms that enable you to drill down to relevant details right from the manufacturing form.
- The processing of production orders has been redesigned to use an improved workflow engine, replacing the legacy workflow engine.
- Better flexibility in de-allocating unused materials for production orders.
Improved Lien Waiver Functionality in Construction
In Acumatica Construction Edition, the functionality related to compliance tracking has been reworked to simplify the use of lien waivers.
More specifically, the following improvements have been made:
- New Calculate Amount By boxes have been added to both the Conditional Lien Waivers section and the Unconditional Lien Waivers section. These settings specify how the system will aggregate the payment amounts and prepare separate lien waivers for each group of payments.
- New Generate for AP Documents Not Linked to Commitments check boxes have been added to both the Conditional Lien Waivers section and the Unconditional Lien Waivers section. If this check box is selected in a section, Acumatica generates the corresponding type of the lien waivers without links to related commitments based on the option selected in the Calculate Amount By box of the section.
- The Set as Final button – to mark a lien waiver as a final waiver – has been added on the table toolbar of the Compliance tab on the Checks and Payments form.
In addition, payments may now include multiple bills related to different projects, project tasks, and commitments. Acumatica automatically generates conditional and unconditional lien waivers for these bills based on the option selected in the ‘Calculate Amount By’ box in the corresponding section on the Lien Waiver Settings tab of the Compliance Preferences form. What’s more, lien waivers for joint payee bills are now supported.
Acumatica CRM Enhancements
A number of enhancements to Acumatica CRM have been implemented in the 2023 R1 release including these highlights:
Address Settings for Duplicate Validation
You can now use the address settings of leads, contacts, and business accounts in the duplicate validation process to improve the quality of information and eliminate the creation of duplicate records.
Enhancements to CRM Tasks Form
Acumatica 2023 R1 introduces a new layout of the Task form to make data entry easier, including rearranged fields and titles to improve speed and usability.
Predefined Email Notifications
New pre-defined CRM business events have been added on the Business Events form that enable you to receive email notifications for tasks and activities being assigned by another user. For example if a Sales Manager assigns a new activity to you, you’ll receive email notification along with relevant information and task links.
Better Opportunity Metrics
In previous releases, there were limited metrics easily available to evaluate sales team performance. With Acumatica 2023 R1 however, a series of new opportunity-related inquiries have been created including Opportunity Summary by Close Date, Opportunity Summary by Salesperson, Opportunity List, and Opportunity Summary by Class pivot table. Collectively, these metrics provide better insight into sales opportunities, amounts and stages of the sales cycle.
Acumatica 2023 R1 Release Notes and Release Date
Acumatica 2023 R1 was released in Early April 2023
Contact your Acumatica Partner to request a copy of the Acumatica 2023 R1 Release Notes with complete details on all new features, product fixes, technology platform changes, and things to consider prior to installation or upgrade.